The Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc., having been selected by the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE, METI, Japan), is now executing the tasks of the Project Management Office for the “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management.” In this project, based on the “Grant Policy for Subsidy for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management,” we are assisting activities in support of the development of technologies that will be useful in decommissioning and contaminated water management. Through this, we aim to improve the level of science and technology and to advance decommissioning and contaminated water management smoothly in Japan. At this stage, we are pleased to announce the solicitation of entities for the project of decommissioning and contaminated water management in the FY2013 supplementary budget.
Q&A materials were updated.
1. Outline of the “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management” in the FY2013
(1) Subsidy Targeted Projects
The Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. (Management Office for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management) aim to introduce and implement “(a) Decommissioning Technology”, “(b) Contaminated Water Management Technology”, and “(c) Alternative Approach Technology for Fuel Debris Retrieval”, wherein it was already executed by RFI (Request for Information) in FY2013 in the (b) and (c) areas, and to assist to research and development contribution for decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, which is currently an urgent matter, MRI grants government subsidies with initiatives, for those who meet the Grant Policy and the requirements mentioned below, and in this way, contributes in improving the level of science and technology in Japan (For details of projects and facilities, please refer to the application guidelines of each subsidiary project entities).
(2) Subsidy Targeted Entities and Application Unit
Only private organizations can meet qualification requirements. (see details of each subsidiary project entities’ application guidelines).
(3) Subsidized Expenses
Expenses eligible for the subsidy are labor cost, raw materials cost, consumables, design, manufacture and processing cost, facility and equipment cost, goods procurement cost, research cost, outsourcing cost, travel cost, rewards, rent and depreciation costs and other required costs for the project.
(4) Subsidy Rate and Amount
Please see each application guideline of the project.
(5) Period of Project
The project commencement date will be the grant decision date determined by Mitsubishi Research Institute. The project completion date is the date by which all the works related to the project, installation works of facility, inspection and payment etc. should be completed and the date depends on each project theme. (see details of each subsidiary project entities’ application guidelines).
(6) Period of Solicitation
In this solicitation, we will recruit based on the application guideline “(a) Decommissioning Countermeasures Technology”.
From Friday, June 13 to Friday, June 27, 2014 (the reception will close at 10:00am sharp).
Please prepare the application documents carefully as incomplete paperwork may cause delay in the decision to grant the subsidy. If the subsidy application amount reaches the maximum budgeted amount, subsequent applications may be canceled even within the solicitation period.
- Time and Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2014 at 10:00 -12:00
- Venue: Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. 4F CR-A Conference room [Map]
(Capital Hotel Tokyu Office Building, 2-10-3 Nagatacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Reception :B1)
- How to Attend:
Please register for the information session by e-maill (email@example.com) by 17:00 on Tuesday, June 17.
Please state the subject of email as “Information Session Registering for The Subsidy Program “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Please write the applying project name)” in the FY2013 Supplementary Budget”
Please state your “company name”, “name of attendees (with Furigana)”, “phone number”, number of attendees. (Please note that maximum 2 people can attend regarding the seating capacity of the conference room).
|Timeline||Subsidized Project Name|
|10:00～11:00||The Subsidy Program “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Development of Technologies of Repair and Water Stoppage of Leakage Sections in PCV)” in the FY2013 Supplementary Budget|
|11:00～12:00||The Subsidy Program “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Full-scale Test for Repairing Leaks from PCV and Water Stoppage of PCV)” in the FY2013 Supplementary Budget|
(8) How to Apply
Please submit the documents after carefully reading application guidelines and subsidy grant regulations. Fill out necessary information in the application form. 15 copies are required. Also, please submit CD-R file, containing electronic version of the documents.
- Please confirm that no materials are missing and submit the application documents by bringing them directly to our office or sending us by delivery. Please label as “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Please write applying project name)”, Grant Subsidy Application included in the letter”.
- Applications are not accepted by e-mail or by FAX.
- Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted. Please take into account for delivery delays.
- You may encrypt the electronic version of the document (enclose the password). Then, please inform the secretariat about the password by e-mail.
[Where to submit]
Receiver: Mitsubishi Research Institute Inc. Management Office for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management
Address: Shinbashi JB Building 5F, 6-9-5 Shinbashi Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0004
Administrator: Matsumoto, Sugiyama, Kawai
- If required, we may contact you for the confirmation of the contents, and may ask for submitting of extra documents.
- Regarding the submitted application documents, we will pay full attention to the confidentiality and we will not use it other than this project.
- Please be noted that submitted documents will not be returned.
The Application Guidelines for Entities:
1. The Subsidy Program “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Development of Technologies of Repair and Water Stoppage of Leakage Sections in PCV)” in the FY2013 Supplementary Budget[PDF/86KB]
2. The Subsidy Program “Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management (Full-scale Test for Repairing Leaks from PCV and Water Stoppage of PCV)” in the FY2013 Supplementary Budget[PDF/82KB]
Application Form (Form 1, Form2, etc.) [word/59KB]
Grant Policy for Subsidy for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management [PDF/152KB]
Grant Policy Forms(Forms1~15, Attachments) [word/82KB]
The Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management Project Implementation Guidelines [PDF/48KB]
The Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management Project Cost Subsidy Grant Guidelines [PDF/41KB]
Subsidized Project Administration Manual [PDF/767KB]
Examination Standards and Points [PDF/83KB]
For those who submitted the application form, you will be required to present to the Review and Evaluation Committee for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Management on the application deadline day or the next business day.
Those who are planning to submit the application, please contact us by e-maill (firstname.lastname@example.org)till 10am on June 26 (Thursday), 2014.
･ Company name, name of attendees (with Furigana), phone number.
･ Number of attendees (Please note that we limit the number of attendees for 4 people, regarding the seating capacity of the conference room.)
We will contact you via email about the presentation schedule around 26 June, after setting up the admission procedures and presentation order.
(9)Determination of Subsidized Project Operating Entities
- To decide the grant of subsidy to the applicants, the third parties’ review committee for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Management will be held to examine the submitted documents. Then we determine the subsidized operating entities whose proposal has been deemed to be appropriate for the grant of subsidy.
- We announce the adopted entities on (the Web site of Management Office for the Project of Decommissioning and Contaminated Water Management) and also address the adopted entities directly.